Your Marketing Partner
As a member, you have access to the Chamber's extensive marketing power: your business information is listed in the most comprehensive and respected relocation, business reference and tourism publications in the region--at no charge; the staff guides callers and visitors to your doorstep and maintains your marketing materials and business cards in the Chamber's visitor center; and only you, as a member, can take advantage of the many advertising opportunities available through Chamber publications, business expo, and the Chamber Web site.
Your Business Resource
Whether your business is old or new, we can help you reduce the cost of doing business and put you in touch with experts that can help solve your problems and grow your profits. From complimentary conference room use, to special business seminars and publications--you can find it all at your Chamber. And only you, as a member, have access to the Chamber's membership databases giving you direct access to more than 1,500 member businesses and auxilliary contacts throughout the region--from Portland to the North Shore of Boston and as far west as Keene, NH.
Your Voice in Government
The saying, "united we stand, divided we fall," is even more true today in this era of rising taxes and the growing list of legal concerns facing business owners. As a member, you have a respected and strong voice on issues through the Chamber's state and local lobbying efforts, and the activities of the Government Affairs Committee. From parking and transportation infrastructure to worker's comp and workforce housing--the Chamber is here for you.
Your Networking Center
Making new contacts and getting your name out can be a daunting task--but it doesn't have to be for Chamber members. Our New Member Orientation helps break the "networking ice" and opens the door to the Seacoast Business Community. Our breakfast forums, Business After Hours socials, Mid-day Meet, workshops, the member-to-member discount program and committee work offer a myriad of opportunities to tout your products and services. And our staff works day after day recommending Chamber members to the thousands of callers and visitors who need information on area attraction, products and services.
Take a look at what our members get . . .
- Business Directory: Members receive a free listing in our printed and online business directories (Coastline Magazine & Business directory has a distribution of 8,000-10,000). Coastline Magazine also serves as a quality of life piece and relocation magazine used almost exclusively by nearly all local real estate agents, the Pease Development Authority and the City of Portsmouth as a recruiting tool. Only chamber members may advertise in this publication.
- Web Site: A free listing in the business directory on the Greater Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce's web site (www.portsmouthchamber.org). The web site currently receives an average of 150,000 hits/month. Members may also purchase a link from the Chamber's site to their own, as well as banner advertising on the web site.
- Business Referrals (we refer members-only). The Greater Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce fields up to 1,000 walk-in inquiries/day, 500 phone calls/ day and mails up to 50 relocation packets/ month. Both the chamber's 500 Market St. information center, as well as its information kiosk in Market Square, are staffed with visitors assistants to handle these inquiries.
- Business Card and Brochure Display: The Chamber allows members to display business information and business cards on racks in its information center.
- Business Advocacy: The Chamber works hard to advocate on behalf of businesses to both the state and local governments.
- Committees: An invitation to participate in chamber committees offers members an opportunity to develop leadership skills and serve in vital leadership roles that affect the Greater Seacoast Community. It also provides individuals with an alternative networking and relationship building opportunity, as well as the chance to have a stronger voice in the development of programming.
- Conference Room: The GPCC allows its members free use of its conference room.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Chamber members may sponsor events (such as Tech World, eBrews, Business to Business Expo, Breakfast Forums, the Annual Dinner, Harbour Trail Road Race, or Annual Golf Tournament) as a way of gaining exposure within the business community.
- Expo: Members are provided with the opportunity to exhibit their companies at the Seacost Chambers Expo in October.
- Networking: The GPCC provides members with the opportunity to network with other business professionals through its monthly Business After Hours, Breakfast Forums, Mid-day Meet and eBrews. Members also have the ability to develop a relationship with chamber president and staff. We work directly for our members and learn about your goals and challenges, keeping them in mind as we work for you whenever and however possible.
- Mailing Lists & Data Disks: Members are able to purchase the Chamber's membership directory on disk or in label form.
- Newsletter: Members receive the GPCC's monthly newsletter, Dividends, which provides information about chamber events and happenings. New Members are introduced to the business community by being welcomed on the back of this publication. All members are provided with the opportunity to market with an insert in Dividends (which cost less than it would to mail it separately), or a free press release in the Movers and Shakers section. Dividends gets distributed to 1,400 business people on the Seacoast.
- Guide to the Seacoast: Any businesses wanting to attract business or leisure visitors receives a free listing in our visitor's guide which has 125,000 copies in circulation at key information centers all over New England. Members only may advertise in the guide.
- Lodging Assistance Board: Hotels and Inns can purchase a special display site in the chamber's visitor information center which includes a direct phone line to their accommodation.
- Wedding & Conference Planning Guide: Members with services to provide those planning a conference, event, or wedding will be listed in this list of services.
- Events Calendar: The chamber coordinates a monthly events calendar in an effort to highlight businesses and their events in the region.
For more information, contact Kendra Frangos, the Chamber's membership manager, at (603) 436-3988 or via email at [email protected].
Click here for a copy of the Membership Application.